Kansas University Police reports
- An 18-year-old KU student reported that she was battered by her boyfriend and that he stole her car about 7:25 p.m. Sunday. The woman, who lists a Kansas City, Kan., address, said she and the suspect were sitting in her vehicle, which was parked on Memorial Drive west of the Campanile, when they began arguing. According to the report, he pushed her and tried to choke her while she was inside the vehicle, then forced her out of the vehicle and drove off. The car, a 1989 Ford Escort, valued at $1,500, has not been recovered. The woman did not require medical treatment, a KU police spokeswoman said. The suspect, who also lives in Kansas City, Kan., has not been located by police.
The Douglas County Ambulance Service reported the following responses:
- Medical emergency, 3:47 p.m. Saturday, Jefferson County line and U.S. Highway 24-59.
- Medical emergency, 7:39 p.m. Saturday, Allen Fieldhouse, Kansas University. Patient refused transport.
- Motor vehicle accident, 5:42 p.m. Saturday, 900 block of North Second. Patients refused transport.
- Medical emergency, 6:20 p.m. Saturday, 3700 block of Sunnybrook.
- Medical emergency, 12:20 a.m. Sunday, 3700 block of West Sixth. No transport.
- Medical emergency, 3:25 a.m. Sunday, 300 block of Northwood Lane.