Burglaries and thefts reported
- A wedding ring valued on a police report at $1,480 was taken between 7 a.m. April 15 and 7 a.m. Wednesday from a residence in the 3500 block of West Seventh Court, Lawrence police reported Saturday.
- A 1985 Mitsubishi pickup truck valued on a police report at $2,000 was taken between 3 p.m. Thursday and 9:10 p.m. Friday from Midwest Motors, 629 N. Second, Lawrence police reported Saturday.
- Responded to a malfunctioning alarm at 1:21 a.m. Friday at Naismith Hall, 1800 Naismith.
- Responded to brush fires at 3:06 a.m. Friday, 6:26 p.m. Friday and 7:42 a.m. Saturday at Naismith Valley Park, near 27th and Arkansas streets.
- Helped rescue a Lawrence man who was injured while trying to light a furnace at 1:45 p.m. Friday at a residence at 762 Locust. The victim, Chris Braden, was burned in what firefighters described as an explosion around a natural-gas furnace he was trying to light. Firefighters helped Douglas County paramedics move Braden from the residence's basement to an ambulance. Braden was then taken to Lawrence Memorial Hospital, where he was listed in good condition Saturday. Firefighters said the explosion caused no damage.
- Stood by for a Life Flight helicopter transfer at 3:25 p.m. Friday at Lawrence Memorial Hospital, 325 Maine. The transfer was not trauma-related, authorities said.
- Investigated a smoke scare at 8:45 p.m. Friday at a residence at 2529 Mo.
- Responded at 4:41 a.m. Saturday to an alarm at Allen Fieldhouse at Kansas University. Firefighters said steam leaking from a standpipe apparently set off the alarm. No damage was reported.
- Investigated a smoke scare at 11:01 a.m. Saturday at Icehouse Inc., 1801 Mass.
- Extinguished a car fire at 1:39 p.m. Saturday at 4209 Wimbledon.
- Responded to a false alarm at 7:01 p.m. Saturday at an apartment building at 1732 W. 24th.
The Douglas County Ambulance Service reported the following responses:
- Medical emergency, 9:16 a.m. Friday, 800 block of High, Baldwin.
- Medical emergency, 9:55 a.m. Friday, Memorial Stadium at Kansas University.
- Work accident, 11:26 a.m. Friday, city water plant, Third and Mississippi.
- Medical emergency, 11:45 a.m. Friday, 300 block of Maine.
- Auto accident, 5:27 p.m. Friday, U.S. Highway 56 and Second Street, Baldwin.
- Medical emergency, 8:58 p.m. Friday, 1300 block of New York.
- Auto accident, 3:37 a.m. Saturday, 10th and Church streets, Eudora.
- Medical emergency, 9:19 a.m. Saturday, 1500 block of Inverness.
- Medical emergency, 11:33 a.m. Saturday, 1000 block of North Third.
- Public accident, 12:42 p.m. Saturday, Memorial Stadium at KU.
- Medical emergency, 12:42 p.m. Saturday, 1300 block of Spruce, Eudora.
- Auto accident, 2:22 p.m. Saturday, 900 block of North Second. No transport.
- Medical emergency, 4:11 p.m. Saturday, Haskell Indian Nations University.