Burglaries and thefts reported
- Three bicycles, valued on a police report at a total of $1,150, were taken about 12:30 a.m. today from an apartment in the 800 block of Tennessee, police said. One of the victims said he was watching TV, heard noise outside and thought it was a roommate coming home. He later discovered the bikes were missing.
- A Ford van and its contents, valued on a police report at $6,290, were taken between 4:30 p.m. Tuesday and 10:30 p.m. Thursday from a business in the 400 block of North Second Street, police said. Police said someone pried open a door to the business and acquired the van keys. Police said they have a suspect, but have made no arrests.
- A computer and computer equipment, valued on a police report at $5,000, were taken last weekend from a loading area at Davol Inc., 722 E. 22nd, police said today.
- A television, stereo equipment, electronic equipment, tools, jewelry and other miscellaneous household items, which were valued on a police report at $7,651, were taken in a burglary between 7:30 a.m. and 11:40 a.m. Thursday in the 1500 block of E 1000 Road, about one-half mile west of Lawrence, according to the Douglas County sheriff's office. Sheriff Loren Anderson said the burglary likely is related to several others that have occurred recently in the county. The sheriff's department has no suspects.
- Lawrence police said they and the Department of Social and Rehabilitation Services are investigating a report of a sexual battery of a 6-year-old boy earlier this month. Police said a 43-year-old female relative allegedly touched the boy in the genital area. Police said they have made no arrests.