Burglaries and thefts reported
- Police are investigating the theft of a boom box, an air compressor and assorted tools between 11 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Sunday from a residence in the 300 block of Clayton Court. A police report indicates entry was made through a bedroom window and the suspect or suspects left through the garage door. The total value of the missing property was estimated at $1,200. Police have no suspects.
- Property including a shotgun, typewriter and fishing equipment reportedly was stolen between March 20 and Sunday from a home in the 2500 block of Lazybrook Lane. The 37-year-old homeowner told police she had noticed items missing throughout that period. The total value of the missing property was estimated at $1,890. Possible suspects are identified in the police report.
- Sylvia Kallsen, 50, Lawrence, was listed in good condition this morning at Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan., where she is being treated for injuries she suffered in a traffic accident March 23 two miles northwest of Lawrence at Douglas County roads 438 and 7.
- Robert G. Cernech, 38, Kansas City, Kan., remained in critical condition this morning at KUMC, where he was taken after a two-vehicle accident March 29 on U.S. Highway 24, about 1 1/2 miles west of the Douglas-Jefferson county line.
- Vivian G. Clough, 73, 1191 E 596 Rd., was listed in fair condition this morning at Lawrence Memorial Hospital, where she was being treated for injuries she suffered Thursday in a one-vehicle accident on N 1190 Road, just west of E 596 Road.
Marriage licenses issued
- Kevin R. Carbaugh, 34, Baldwin, and Nancy B. Nichols, 28, Baldwin.
- Dennis L. Detweiler, 30, Lawrence, and Connie S. Jennings, 42, Lawrence.