Burglaries and thefts reported
- A 29-year-old Lawrence man reported to police that his former roommate stole 50 personal checks from him between July 20 and Oct. 18 and then forged checks with a total value of $2,000 on his account. The man told police that many of the checks had been written to taverns. The checks, according to the report, were stolen while the victim was out of the country. The men were living in an apartment in the 1000 block of Emery Road.
- Police are investigating a report that between 10 p.m. Saturday and 9 p.m. Sunday someone stole a pair of roof panels and a car stereo from a 1983 Nissan that was parked in the east alley of the 1000 block of Massachusetts. The items were valued together on a police report at $1,296.
- A 20-year-old Lawrence man has reported to police that between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 8:20 a.m. Friday someone stole $1,000 cash from a bedroom closet in his apartment in the 2400 block of Alabama. The man said the money was hidden under some clothing.
- A 12-gauge shotgun, shotgun case, hunting clothes and other items valued on a police report at $1,032 were stolen from a pickup truck between 10 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. Saturday. The vehicle was parked on Dover Square at the Meadowbrook Apartment complex. There are no suspects in connection with the burglary.
- Two tool boxes and assorted tools were stolen around 11 p.m. Saturday from the back of a pickup truck parked on Walden Court at the Meadowbrook Apartment complex. The 26-year-old Lawrence man who owned the vehicle told police the items, valued on a police report at $1,000, were taken from inside a camper shell.