- A Kansas City, Mo., man who was injured Monday in a one-vehicle accident at Naismith and Sunnyside remained in fair condition this morning at St. Luke's Hospital in Kansas City, Mo. Lonn Beaudry, 41, was northbound on Naismith when his vehicle ran onto the sidewalk and struck a sign post.
- Julie Stubbs, 70, no address listed, who was injured Monday in a two-vehicle accident in Eudora, was listed in good condition this morning at the Olathe Medical Center. Stubbs was northbound on Church Street and attempting to turn left onto the westbound ramp of Kansas Highway 10 when she collided with a southbound car driven by David Duncan, 37, Eudora.
The Douglas County Ambulance Services made the following responses:
- Motor vehicle accident, 8:21 a.m. Tuesday, 2300 block of Louisiana.
- Medical emergency, 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, 2200 block of Harper, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 1 p.m. Tuesday, 2500 block of West 31st.
- Medical emergency, 2:28 p.m. Tuesday, 2500 block of Kensington, no transport.
- Home accident, 2:42 p.m. Tuesday, about five miles south of Lawrence on East 1500 Road.
- Medical emergency, 3:06 p.m. Tuesday, about two miles northeast of Baldwin on East 1800 Road, no transport.
- Motor vehicle accident, 5:48 p.m. Tuesday, 900 block of North Second.
- Motor vehicle accident, 5:56 p.m. Tuesday, 100 block of Michigan.
- Medical emergency, 7:50 p.m. Tuesday, 1700 block of Massachusetts.
- Motor vehicle-pedestrian accident, 8:01 p.m. Tuesday, 2200 block of Kasold, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 10:11 p.m. Tuesday, 2100 block of Clinton Parkway.
- Medical emergency, 3:40 a.m. Wednesday, 3000 block of West 30th.
Criminal case proceedings
- A Missouri woman who was charged earlier this year in two separate drug cases has pleaded guilty to one charge in each of the cases. During a recent court hearing, Leslie A. Nunley, 25, Kansas City, Mo., pleaded guilty to one count each of attempted possession of cocaine and possession of cocaine. She is to be sentenced Dec. 13. In August, Nunley was charged with sale of cocaine, possession of cocaine with intent to sell and violation of the Kansas Drug Tax Stamp Act. In mid-September she was charged with possession of cocaine with intent to sell, possession of marijuana, violation of the Kansas Drug Tax Stamp Act and using the telephone to facilitate the sale of cocaine. The charges stemmed from investigations by the Tri-County Drug Enforcement Unit.
- A Lawrence woman has been sentenced to 20 months in the custody of the secretary of corrections after pleading no contest to an amended charge of possession of cocaine. Melanie M. Scott, 35, 1411 Haskell, originally was charged in mid-September with possession of cocaine with intent to sell, possession of marijuana, violation of the Kansas Drug Tax Stamp Act and using a telephone to facilitate the sale of cocaine. The charges were the result of an investigation by the Tri-County Drug Enforcement Unit. Scott also was ordered to pay court costs and to complete 12 months of post-release supervision once she completes her prison term.
Marriage licenses issued
- Rusty E. Dressler, Baldwin, 21, and Sharla K. Schaake, 19, Lawrence.
- Brian S. Hoffman, 21, Lawrence, and Tamara J. Haug, 21, Lawrence.