Burglaries and thefts reported
- Tools valued on a police report at $12,550 were reported stolen between 6 p.m. Sunday and 7 a.m. Monday from a van parked in front of a house under construction in the 900 block of Colonial Drive. The report indicated the tools were owned by Mid Plains Associates Inc., Lawrence, and that an estimated $475 damage also was done to a door and door frame on the house. Police have no suspects in the case.
- A Topeka man reported the theft between 2:30 p.m. and 3 p.m. Tuesday of $5,900 in computer equipment and other items. The man told police he parked his vehicle in the 700 block of Massachusetts, unloaded the items and placed them on the pavement beside his vehicle. He then went into a business for a period of time, came out, got into his car and drove off. The man told police he didn't know if the items were still beside his car when he came out of the business.
- A Douglas County woman reported that someone stole a sapphire and diamond ring from her residence on East 1300 Road south of Lawrence. The ring, valued on a sheriff's report at $1,200, was believed to have been taken between 7 p.m. Monday and 8 a.m. Tuesday. The woman identified a possible suspect according to the report.
- A 33-year-old Lawrence man remained in the Douglas County Jail this morning following his arrest for allegedly threatening his wife with a shotgun during a domestic dispute. The woman, who was not injured, told police the incident occurred between 10:20 and 10:29 p.m. Wednesday outside her residence in the 1900 block of West 31st. The man was booked into the jail in connection with aggravated assault. He was expected to make his first court appearance this afternoon.
Criminal case proceedings
- A preliminary hearing is scheduled Nov. 21 for Larry L. Davis, 18, 1306 E. 21st Ter., who is charged in a series of aggravated burglaries and thefts. Davis made his first court appearance Wednesday after being arrested by police detectives on a warrant charging him with three counts of aggravated burglary and three counts of theft. Two of the burglaries are alleged to have occurred July 20 and Oct. 1 at the same residence in the 700 block of West 25th. The third is alleged to have occurred between July 31 and Aug. 1 at a residence in the 2400 block of Alabama.