Burglaries and thefts reported
- A 27-year-old Kansas University student reported to police that the rear window of his 1984 Ford Bronco was broken out and gold clubs and other items were taken last Saturday morning. Damage to the vehicle, which was parked in the 2300 block of Murphy Drive, was listed on a police report at $350; the value of the missing items was listed at $1,950.
- A 25-year-old Lawrence man reported that his Yamaha 750, valued on a police report at $3,000, was stolen between 7 p.m. Wednesday and noon Thursday from the 1100 block of Kentucky. Police recovered the vehicle about 2 p.m. Thursday in the 1300 block of Kentucky Street.
- A 21-year-old Kansas University student reported to police that he was beaten by three or four men after he left a bar about 1:30 a.m. today in the 700 block of New Hampshire. The victim was treated and released at Lawrence Memorial Hospital. Police have no suspects.
- A 22-year-old Lawrence woman reported to police that she was injured in two fights early today with her female roommate. The first fight occurred at a bar on East 23rd Street, the other at the two women's apartment. The victim was treated and released at Lawrence Memorial Hospital. No charges have been filed.
- A 26-year-old Lawrence man reported to police that as someone tried to break into his 1991 Nissan they damaged the vehicle and a car alarm about noon Thursday in the 1500 block of West 25th Court. Damage to the vehicle was listed on a police report at $1,000, and damage to the alarm was listed at $350.