Burglaries and thefts reported
- Stereo equipment valued on a police report at $2,500 was taken between 8 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Tuesday from a residence in the 200 block of North Iowa, Lawrence police reported today.
- Three burglaries and an attempted break-in that appear to be connected occurred overnight Monday at three businesses and the U.S. Department of Agriculture office in south Lawrence, Lawrence police reported today. Police reported that someone entered G & R Imports, 2858 Four Wheel Dr., the agriculture office, 3010 Four Wheel Dr., and Iowa Paint, 2101 W. 28th Ter., and attempted to break into Sherwin-Williams Co., 2108 W. 27th, between 5:30 p.m. Monday and 1 p.m. Tuesday. Hardest hit was the agriculture department, where someone caused $3,400 worth of vandalism and took a Chevrolet Blazer, cash, a microwave oven, two videocassette recorders and two cameras. The vehicle and items were valued together at more than $10,000. Loss and damage estimates for the other three incidents totaled more than $2,300.
- Marc S. Dever, 43, Baldwin, was treated at Lawrence Memorial Hospital and later released after a car-motorcycle accident at 12:48 p.m. Tuesday on Ninth Street near Iowa Street. Lawrence police reported that Dever was westbound on Ninth on a motorcycle and was turning into a driveway when the cycle was struck from behind by a car driven by Victor L. Immasche, 81, 3906 Willshire. Immasche was cited for inattentive driving.
- Janell M. Hayden, 19, 1526 Del., was treated at Lawrence Memorial Hospital and later released after an accident at 8 a.m. Tuesday at Ninth and Sunset. Police reported Hayden was westbound when the car she was driving struck a pickup truck from the rear. The other driver, Charles W. Snedeger, 39, 1845 W. 28th Ter., was not injured. Hayden was cited for inattentive driving.
- Darci Larson, 20, Lawrence, was treated at Lawrence Memorial Hospital and later released after an accident at 8:32 a.m. Tuesday in the 900 block of Maine. A police report containing details about the accident had not been filed by press time.
- Jill Penrod, 58, Tonganoxie, was treated at Lawrence Memorial Hospital and later released after an accident at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday about one and one-half miles east of Lawrence on Kansas Highway 10. A Kansas Highway Patrol trooper who investigated the accident had not filed a report by press time.