Burglaries and thefts reported
- A car stereo valued at $1,000 was stolen from a red Jeep Cherokee at Jim Clark Motors, 2121 W. 29th Ter., between 3 p.m. March 4 and 9 a.m. Thursday. There was no sign of forced entry.
- A traffic counter owned by the city of Lawrence and valued at $1,600 was stolen from 200 North St. sometimes between 5 p.m. Tuesday and 8 a.m. Wednesday.
- A guest at the Eldridge Hotel, 701 Mass., reported a diamond necklace valued at $1,000 was stolen from her room sometime between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. Thursday.
- A Douglas County resident reported the loss or theft of a diamond ring valued at $25,000 on Wednesday. The ring was discovered missing after 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.
- A 43-year-old school bus driver reportedly was taken to Lawrence Memorial Hospital for treatment after a traffic accident at 7:45 a.m. Wednesday. Driver Linda Whitson, 1095 N 1750 Rd., complained of back pain. A hospital spokeswoman said there was no record of her treatment. The 15 bus passengers, all students at Pinckney School, were not injured. Whitson's bus was eastbound on Second and had stopped at the stop sign at Michigan when it was bumped by a car that had pulled up behind it. The other driver, Kevin Rice, 35, 1762 E 1300 Rd., told police he drove forward because he thought the bus had moved forward. He was cited for inattentive driving.