Advertisement

Archive for Wednesday, July 27, 1994

FIRE CALLS

July 27, 1994

Advertisement

Lawrence firefighters:

  • Responded to an alarm at 7:24 p.m. Tuesday at Lawrence Paper Company, 2801 Lakeview. The alarm was caused by a system malfunction.
  • Responded to an alarm at 7:47 a.m. Tuesday at 2111 Kasold, Building B. The alarm was caused by a system malfunction.
  • Investigated a natural gas leak at 8:39 a.m. Tuesday at 219 N. Seventh. Firefighters shut off the gas, called Kansas Public Service to the scene and provided emergency medical services to an occupant, who complained of a tightness in her chest. Douglas County Ambulance Service was called to the scene.
  • Investigated a natural gas smell at 3:25 p.m. Tuesday at Domino's Pizza, 832 Iowa. Kansas Public Service was called to the scene.
  • Responded to a dumpster fire at 4:52 p.m. Tuesday at 1501 Eddingham. The fire was out upon arrival.
  • Responded to a kitchen fire at 1:55 a.m. Wednesday at 1002 W. 24th. The fire, which caused no damage, started after the apartment occupant left a stove burner on.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.