Advertisement

Archive for Tuesday, July 12, 1994

FIRE CALLS

July 12, 1994

Advertisement

Lawrence firefighters:

  • Responded to a false alarm at 6:58 a.m. Monday at Kansas University's Helen Foresman Spencer Museum. The alarm was caused by a system malfunction.
  • Responded to a false alarm at 6:59 a.m. Monday at Kansas University's Watson Library. The alarm was caused by a system malfunction.
  • Investigated a natural gas smell at 10:34 a.m. Monday at 1423 W. 22nd Ter. Kansas Public Service was called to the scene where they found the pop-off valve on the hot water tank had opened and let out hot water and steam.
  • Responded to a false alarm at 11:36 a.m. Monday at the Lawrence Riverfront Plaza Factory Outlets. The alarm was caused by burned toast in the food area.
  • Washed away antifreeze from a two-car accident at 12:04 p.m. Monday at Ninth and Louisiana.
  • Responded to a false alarm at 12:12 p.m. Monday at Payless Cashways Inc., 811 E. 23rd. No cause for the alarm was found.
  • Responded to a stove fire at 2:15 p.m. Monday at Jayhawker Towers C, 1603 W. 15th. The fire was caused by grease on the stove.
  • Extinguished a dumpster fire at 7:38 p.m. Monday at 946 N.J. Firefighters determined the fire possibly was set by juveniles.
  • Extinguished a car fire at 2520 Cedarwood. The fire, which caused $1,500 damage, started after the car backfired.
  • Extinguished a car fire at 8:22 p.m. Monday at 2504 Century. The fire, which caused $2,800 damage, started when gasoline from a loose carburetor, leaked onto the hot engine.
  • Responded to a false alarm at 3:41 a.m. today at Kansas University's Bailey Hall. The alarm was caused by a system malfunction.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.