Criminal case proceedings
- Shannon Sombrero, 21, address listed as Pocahontas Hall at Haskell Indian Nations University, pleaded no contest Thursday and was found guilty of an amended misdemeanor count of battery. Sombrero originally was charged Nov. 19 with a felony count of aggravated battery alleging she shoved a Haskell student from the stage at Haskell Auditorium during an Oct. 29 concert. The victim suffered a severe head injury. After hearing the plea, District Judge Ralph M. King Jr. suspended imposition of sentence and placed Sombrero on a one-year, unsupervised probation on conditions that she obtain an alcohol evaluation through the Haskell Indian Health Center and pay court costs. Once those conditions are completed, the judge ruled, the probation term will be terminated.
Marriage licenses issued
- Travis Scott, 25, Lawrence, and Kim Hephner, 37, Lawrence.
- David Van Hee, 43, Lawrence, and Carolyn Coleman, 39, Lawrence.
- Herbert Guliford III, 20, Lawrence, and Amy Johnson, 20, Lawrence.
- Mark Stuart, 22, Lawrence, and Holly Gilstrap, 20, Lawrence.