Criminal charges filed
- John P. Beine, 20, 1333 Ky., has been charged with a felony count of aggravated arson. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for March 17 for Beine, who was accused along with Mark L. Turner, 38, 1333 Ky., of setting fire to a residence at 1311 R.I. after firing a bottle rocket. A preliminary hearing for Turner, also charged with aggravated arson, is scheduled for March 17.
- Devon M. Coffey, 22, 3017 Bainbridge, has been charged with a felony count of auto burglary and a misdemeanor count of theft alleging he entered a car on Oct. 12 and took a Kansas University parking pass. A summons has been issued for Coffey to appear at 4 p.m. Feb. 25 in Douglas County District Court.
- James H. Bratt, 18, Maize, has been charged with felony counts of auto burglary and forgery. Bratt allegedly entered a 1986 Ford pickup on Feb. 7, then took and forged a check belonging to the vehicle's owner. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for March 3.
Criminal case proceedings
- Aaron E. Stanley, 23, Kansas City, Mo., recently pleaded guilty to an amended felony count of attempted auto burglary. Stanley originally was charged Jan. 31 with a felony count of auto burglary alleging he tried to enter a Jeep Wrangler on Jan. 29. Sentencing is scheduled for March 17.
- Deborah A. Thomas, 31, Kansas City, Mo., recently pleaded guilty to a felony count of forgery. Thomas originally was charged with three counts of forgery alleging she forged three checks on Jan. 26. Sentencing is scheduled for March 24.