Following is a schedule of selected Hawk Week activities next week:
- New student orientation and enrollment. 8 a.m., Level 4, Kansas Union. Continues throughout the week.
- Brown bag lunch for nontraditional students, sponsored by OAKS, KU's nontraditional student organization, noon, Level 3, Alcove E, Kansas Union.
- Math placement exam, 2:30 p.m., 120 Snow Hall.
- Playfair, 6:30 p.m., Allen Fieldhouse lawn. Features noncompetitive games and other activities designed to help students meet new people.
- Student employment job fair, 9 a.m., Kansas Union, Level 4.
- Talk: "Sexuality and the College Student," by Dennis Dailey, social welfare professor, 9:30 a.m., Crafton-Preyer Theatre, Murphy Hall.
- Time management and reading, 10:30 a.m., Crafton-Preyer Theatre, Murphy Hall.
- Beach-n-Boulevard, 7 p.m., in front of Wescoe Hall. This event features live music, prize giveaways and presentations by student organizations.
- Talk: "Succeeding in a Large Class," Sally Frost-Mason, professor of biology and associate dean of the College of Liberal Arts, 10 a.m., 3140 Wescoe.
- Memory and note-taking, 11 a.m., 3139 Wescoe.
- Volunteer opportunities, 2 p.m., Alderson Auditorium, Kansas Union.
- "Get the Scoop from Boots," ice cream social, 5:30 p.m., Adams Alumni Center. Sponsored by the Student Alumni Assn.
- Traditions Night, 7 p.m. Memorial Stadium. Students learn how to "wave the wheat," sing the alma matter and other KU traditions.
- Choosing a major, 9 a.m., 4001 Wescoe Hall.
- Talk: "Battle of the Sexes: Adam v. Eve," Robert Minor, professor and chair of religious studies, 10 a.m., 3140 Wescoe Hall.
- Minority student reception, 3 p.m., minority affairs office, 145 Strong Hall.
- Downtown Lawrence day.
Personal class tours, and tours of Watkins Student Health Center, Robinson Gymnasium and Watson Library will be held through the week.
A complete Hawk Week schedule is available from the office of new student orientation, 45 Strong Hall.
Classes at KU begin Aug. 22.