Burglaries and thefts reported
- A guitar, compact disc player, .22-caliber pistol and other items valued on a police report at $1,605 were taken between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday from a county residence about 4 miles southwest of Lawrence.
- A 35-year-old Lawrence woman reported someone called her claiming to be a Lawrence police officer several times between 7:30 p.m. April 1 and and 4:45 a.m. April 2 at her home on Glenview Drive. A police spokesman said the caller has asked the women to meet him at a specific location. The victim believes the man may be calling her at the request of an ex-boyfriend, the spokesman said. Police have not yet contacted any suspects.
The Douglas County Ambulance Service made the following responses:
- Medical emergency (canceled), 8:33 a.m. Tuesday, 2100 block of Clinton Parkway.
- Medical emergency, 10:02 a.m. Tuesday, 1700 block of Massachusetts.
- Medical transfer, 10:05 a.m. Tuesday, 1400 block of Maple, Eudora.
- Home accident, 10:17 a.m. Tuesday, 3000 block of Rimrock.
- Public accident, 3:56 p.m. Tuesday, Fifth and Alabama.
- Medical emergency (canceled), 10:33 p.m. Tuesday, 2500 block of Redbud.
- Medical emergency, 12:45 a.m. today, 3300 block of Iowa.
- Medical emergency, 6:44 a.m. today, 1900 block of East 19th.