Here are the subcommittees of Kansas University's Long Range Planning Task Force and their members:
- University/Lawrence Relationship -- Jerry Nossaman, a Lawrence dentist, (chair), Arthur Anderson, a Lawrence attorney, Peter Thompson, dean of the fine arts school, and Fred Van Vleck, professor of mathematics.
- Student Profile and Student Services -- Edward Zamarripa, director of finance and administration at the Life Span Institute (chair), Linda Mullens, assistant vice chancellor for student affairs, Steve Fawcett, professor of human development and family life, and Laura Brophy, Prairie Village undergraduate student.
- Environmental Issues -- Glee Smith, a Lawrence attorney (chair), Hobart Jackson, associate professor of architecture and urban design, and Mike Russell, environmental health and safety officer.
- Traffic and Circulation -- Betsy Stephenson, associate director of the KU Athletic Corp. (chair), Joe Lee, professor of civil engineering, and James Hamilton, Lawrence graduate student.
- Buildings and Building Sites -- Bill Crow, dean of libraries (chair), Cindy Riling, law school registrar, Robert Senecal, associate vice chancellor of academic affairs, and Fred Williams, president of the KU Alumni Association.
- Utilities -- Sam Shanmugan, professor of electrical and computer engineering (tentative chair), Chris Schumm, Lawrence undergraduate student, and Mike Miller, assistant director of mechanical systems for facilities operations.
Each committee will consider several topics, and there will be some overlapping of topics among the committees. The committees will meet weekly or semi-weekly and submit reports to the full task force.