Archive for Sunday, October 10, 1993

FIRE DISPLACES LOCAL FAMILY

October 10, 1993

Advertisement

A fire Saturday afternoon severely damaged an East Lawrence residence and displaced the family that lived there, Lawrence firefighters reported.

Bill Stark, battalion chief, said firefighters were called at 2:30 p.m. to the residence at 1338 Brook. Stark said a fire had started in a front bedroom of the house, destroying the room and causing extensive smoke damage throughout the residence.

Damage was estimated at $30,000.

Stark said firefighters brought the blaze under control in five minutes. He said late Saturday that investigators were not sure how the fire started.

Three children were inside when the fire started, Stark said. He said all three escaped before firefighters arrived. Stark said the Red Cross was helping the family find shelter.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.