Burglaries and thefts reported
- Two guns, a camcorder, camera and other items valued on a sheriff's report at a total of $1,685 were taken between 3:20 p.m. and 6 p.m. Sunday from a residence just north of Eudora. A window was broken to gain access, causing $150 in property damage, sheriff's officers reported.
- A 1983 Ford Mustang and miscellaneous tools valued on a police report at $3,800 were taken between midnight Friday and 6 a.m. Saturday from the 100 block of Alabama, police reported.
- A 21-year-old Lawrence woman reported she was struck in the face and robbed by an unknown man about 11:45 p.m. Saturday in the 700 block of Massachusetts. The woman reported that she was getting out of her car when the suspect approached her, struck her in the face and took a purse containing $20 cash and credit cards. No arrests have been made.
- A 21-year-old Lawrence man was listed in fair condition today at the Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan., after he was struck in the head with a rock about 1:30 a.m. Saturday outside Johnny's Tavern, 401 N. Second. Police reported that the man was involved in a fight with another man when a third person threw a rock to break up the fight. The victim was taken to Lawrence Memorial Hospital and then taken by helicopter to KUMC. Police still are investigating the incident; no arrests have been made.
- A 27-year-old Lawrence woman reported she was raped by her boyfriend between 5:30 p.m. and 11:45 p.m. Friday in the 1200 block of New Jersey. The woman and the suspect apparently had been arguing before the incident, a police spokesman said. No arrests have been made.
- A 31-year-old Lawrence man was arrested on charges of possession of cocaine and sale of cocaine after a traffic stop about 12:25 a.m. Sunday in the 400 block of Illinois. Police were called to the area by a person who believed a man was in the area selling drugs, a police spokesman said. During a traffic stop, police seized 12 rocks of what is suspected to be crack cocaine. Also seized was $282 cash and a 1984 Honda Prelude the man was driving, police reported. The man was being held this morning without bond in the Douglas County Jail.
- Peter Buck, 25, Ganado, Ariz., remained in fair condition today at the Kansas University Medical Center in Kansas City, Kan., after falling from a stage and suffering a head injury at Haskell Indian Nations University on Oct. 29. He has been moved out of the intensive care unit, a hospital nursing supervisor said.
- Michael Smith, 46, Lawrence, remained in fair condition today at the Kansas University Medical Center in Kansas City, Kan., with injuries he suffered in a June 21 car accident on Kansas Highway 32.
- Lafayette Cosby, 14, Lawrence, remained in fair condition today at Lawrence Memorial Hospital after he was struck by a car Friday night in the 500 block of West 23rd Street.