Burglaries and thefts reported
- A dining room table and four chairs, a TV, VCR, drill, sander and saber saw valued at $1,520 were stolen from a Baldwin home on N 300 Road between 6:20 a.m. and 3:54 p.m. Wednesday, Douglas County Sheriff's office reported.
- In another Douglas County burglary, a stereo, VCR, TV, TV stand, 12 videotapes and a brass table lamp valued at $3,130 were reported stolen from a home on E 1400 Road, the Douglas Sheriff's Office reported.
- Stereo speakers, a turner, a compact disk player and cassette player valued at $1,400 were stolen from a residence in the 1300 block of Lawrence Avenue sometime between 1 p.m. Nov. 1 and 10 p.m. Nov. 11. The resident reported the burglary to Lawrence police after returning from out of town.
- A bronze statue of a kneeling woman wearing a hat valued at $1,500 was reported stolen from the Granada Theater, 1020 Mass., early today. Burglars broke through the theater's front door and stole the statue sometime between 1 a.m. and 1:15 a.m. today, police said.
- Two $5 bills and a $10 covered with what appeared to be red dye were turned over to Lawrence police Thursday by Rod's Hallmark store and the Village Inn restaurant. Lawrence police provided the bills to the Topeka police department to determine if they were stolen in a bank robbery earlier this week.
- A 25-year-old Lawrence man was arrested for sexual battery and held in the Douglas County jail on no bond today. Police said the victim, a driver for Safe Ride, had picked up the suspect at Johnny's Tavern, 401 N. Second, and was transporting him to the vicinity of Benchwarmers Sports Bar and Grill, 1601 W. 23rd. During the ride the passenger made sexual advances toward the driver and forcibly kissed and touched him several times, police said. Safe Ride provides transportation to Lawrence bar patrons too intoxicated to drive home.
- Peter Buck, 25, Ganado, Ariz., was listed in fair condition today at the Kansas University Medical Center in Kansas City, Kan., after falling from a stage and injuring his head at Haskell Indian Nations University on Oct. 30.
- Michael Smith, 46, Lawrence, was listed in fair condition today at the Kansas University Medical Center in Kansas City, Kan., after he was injured in a June 21 car accident on Kansas Highway 32.