Archive for Wednesday, December 1, 1993

MOBILE HOME BURNS

December 1, 1993

Advertisement

A Lawrence man escaped uninjured when his rented mobile trailer caught fire early this morning.

Firefighters responded at 12:54 a.m. to the blaze that took 24 minutes to extinguish and caused about $13,000 damage,

Investigators believe the fire was started by a cigarette left unattended on an upholstered chair, said Dan Morrow, Lawrence Fire Department battalion chief.

The occupant, Mark Fraser, was registered at a local motel by the American Red Cross, said Betty Bennett, Red Cross administrative assistant.

He checked out later in the morning, Bennett said.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.

loading...