Archive for Wednesday, April 14, 1993

LIGHTNING SPARKS HOUSE FIRE TUESDAY

April 14, 1993

Advertisement

Lightning struck a Lawrence home during Tuesday's thunderstorm, igniting a fire that caused $15,000 in damage, according to a Lawrence Fire Department report.

Firefighters were called at 9:53 a.m. to the house at 1532 Del., where smoke was visible through an open garage door. Lightning had struck the roof, damaged plumbing in the bathroom, and ignited the wood frame of the one-story house, said Battalion Chief Jerry Karr.

The fire was confined mainly to the bathroom, hallway and part of the attic.

Cecilia Pearson, who lived in house, reported the fire. The house is owned by Gerald Pearson, according to Karr.

No one was injured in the fire.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.