Archive for Wednesday, November 4, 1992

SHORT-CIRCUIT LEADS TO FIRE AT RESIDENCE

November 4, 1992

Advertisement

Firefighters said a short-circuit caused a fire that engulfed a one-story house about 6:20 p.m. Tuesday just north of the city limits in Grant Township.

It took Lawrence firefighters more than two hours to extinguish the fire, which caused an estimated $65,000 damage to the house at 11 Ronoak. There were no injuries.

Fire Capt. Don Knight said 75 percent of the house was damaged by heat and smoke.

He said a family that lives in the house was out of town on vacation when the fire started. No one else was in the house at the time of the fire, firefighters reported.

Guy Webb was listed on a firefighters' report as the owner of the house.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.