Advertisement

Archive for Wednesday, November 4, 1992

FOR THE RECORD

November 4, 1992

Advertisement

Law enforcement report

Burglaries and thefts reported

A videocasette recorder, two printers and other items valued on a sheriff's report at $1,700 were taken between 8 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Tuesday from a residence near county roads 2300E and 1500N, about one mile northeast of Eudora.

Police reports

Police are investigating a report involving a 14-year-old Lawrence boy who reportedly forced a 2 -year-old boy to perform oral sex on him while the older boy was baby-sitting, between 8:30 p.m. Saturday and 1 a.m. Sunday in a residence in the 1300 block of Maple Lane. A police spokesman said the mother of the younger boy told police Tuesday that her son informed her he was told to perform a sexual act on the older boy. A report did not indicate how long the family had known the baby sitter. The case has been turned over to juvenile authorities, the spokesman said. No arrests or detainments had been made as of this morning.

Condition reports

Stephanie Fell, 17, and Kam Kouch, 17, both of Baldwin, were treated and released from Lawrence Memorial Hospital after being injured in an accident at 7:50 a.m. Tuesday in Baldwin. Baldwin Police Chief Steve Butell said the girls were in a car that struck the rear of a delivery truck.

Fire calls

Lawrence firefighters:

Extinguished a vehicle fire at 8:23 a.m. Tuesday in Lot 62, near the computer center at Kansas University. The engine area of a Honda had caught fire, causing $200 in damage, firefighters reported. No cause was listed on the report.

Washed away 50 gallons of gasoline that had spilled after an underground tank had been overfilled about 1:55 p.m. Tuesday at Presta Phillips 66, 602 W. Ninth. The gasoline was treated with a chemical and washed into a nearby sewer, firefighters reported.

Assisted the Douglas County Ambulance Service with a medical emergency at 2:01 p.m. Tuesday outside of Capitol Federal Savings, 1046 Vt. A person had fallen on the sidewalk, firefighters reported.

Investigated a smoke report 4:50 p.m. Tuesday at a residence at 1308 E. 21st Ter. A motor in a washing machine had overheated, firefighters reported.

Investigated a false alarm at 5:28 p.m. Tuesday at Alpha Chi Omega sorority, 1500 Sigma Nu Pl.

Extinguished a vehicle fire at 10:53 p.m. Tuesday at 4301 Wimbledon. An electrical short-circuit ignited the engine area of a 1983 Honda, causing $1,000 in damage, firefighters reported.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.