Advertisement

Archive for Friday, January 24, 1992

SHORT CIRCUIT BLAMED FOR FIRE

January 24, 1992

Advertisement

Lawrence firefighters blame a short circuit for a fire early Thursday morning that caused $35,000 in damage to a North Lawrence video store, Fire Chief Jim McSwain said.

McSwain said wiring in the south wall of the building had short-circuited and started a fire at 2:36 a.m. Thursday at Vipers Video, 701 Locust.

Firefighters found short circuits in wiring to a wall-mounted clock and short circuits in an extension cord that supplied energy to several appliances, including an adding machine, computer and refrigerator.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.