Advertisement

Archive for Thursday, January 16, 1992

FAMILY HOSPITALIZED AFTER INHALING FUMES

January 16, 1992

Advertisement

Members of a Lawrence family were taken to Lawrence Memorial Hospital about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday after they became sick in their east Lawrence mobile home from inhaling carbon monoxide.

Charlene Robinson, 26, 1908 E. 19th, and her three children, Tiffany, 7, Joyce, 6, and Rosa, 5, were taken by ambulance to the hospital. A Douglas County Ambulance Service spokesman today said Willie Robinson, 29, was not transported to the hospital by ambulance. But LMH officials said he was admitted to the hospital. Family members were treated for carbon monoxide overdose and were released this morning, the spokeswoman said.

Charlene Robinson reportedly called Lawrence police about 5:30 p.m. after one of her children became ill.

When firefighters arrived, they could not detect a natural gas leak in the residence. Firefighters reportedly called Kansas Public Service to check the trailer, and KPS workers found that the furnace was leaking carbon monoxide. Workers then shut off natural gas supply to the furnace.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.