Advertisement

Archive for Wednesday, January 8, 1992

CANDLE BLAMED FOR APARTMENT FIRE

January 8, 1992

Advertisement

Lawrence firefighters blame a candle for a fire that caused $10,000 damage to an apartment at about 10 p.m. Tuesday.

When firefighters arrived at 1305 Tenn., smoke was coming from three windows on the second floor of the apartment building.

The fire was concentrated in an apartment located on the northeast side of the building where a candle reportedly was left unattended in a bedroom. The candle apparently ignited paper and curtains in the room, firefighters reported.

Fire Chief Jim McSwain this morning said the bedroom and most of its contents were destroyed, and the building sustained some smoke and water damage.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.