Archive for Saturday, September 28, 1991


September 28, 1991


Law enforcement report

Burglaries and thefts reported

A 27-year-old Lawrence woman reported that a telephone and a Minolta camera and lens were taken from her apartment at 812 Miss. between 3:30 p.m. Thursday and 1:30 a.m. Friday. The items, which had a combined estimated value of $1,210, were taken after someone forced their way into the apartment through a locked back door.

Fire calls Lawrence firefighters:

Responded at 11:22 p.m. Thursday to a smoke scare at 321 Cattleman. An overheated dishwasher motor was found to be the cause of the resident's concern.

Responded at 8:47 a.m. Friday to a smell of natural gas reported at 739 Mass.

Responded at 9:49 a.m. Friday to a fire reported in a mobile home at 420 North. A child had burned a blanket while playing with a lighter, a fire department spokesman said.

Responded at 1:18 p.m. Friday to an unintentional false alarm at Lawrence Memorial Hospital, 325 Maine.

Responded at 3:41 p.m. Friday to a smoke scare at 2145 La. The reporting person had mistaken steam for smoke.

Responded at 7:10 p.m. Friday to a report of smoke at 733 Maine. Firefighters discovered that the smoke had come from a car with a hot brake pad.

Responded at 9:11 p.m. Friday to a report of a natural gas odor at 2709 Harper. Firefighters found no gas leak.

Responded at 1:44 a.m. today to a false alarm at Joseph R. Pearson residence hall, 1122 West Campus Road.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.