Archive for Wednesday, April 24, 1991


April 24, 1991


Douglas County residents have until 5 p.m. Friday to appeal change of value notices on their property.

The county appraiser's office is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Friday.

If you want to appeal you can:

Call the appraiser's office, 841-0960. You must give the appraiser's staff the property identification number printed on your notice.

Visit the appraiser's office in the basement of the county courthouse, 11th and Massachusetts. You must bring your change of value notice and a copy of an independent appraisal done within the last two years, if you have one.

If you're not happy with the staff's adjustment, an appointment for an informal hearing will be made.

Property owners who are unhappy with the results of informal hearing have 18 days to appeal to the county board of equalization. If property owners disagree with the equalization board, they have 30 days to appeal to the state board of tax appeals.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.