Advertisement

Archive for Monday, May 21, 1990

COOKING FIRE DOES $9,000 IN DAMAGE

May 21, 1990

Advertisement

A cooking accident started a fire that resulted in $9,000 damage Sunday evening at a house at 617 Maine.

Lawrence firefighters were called to the residence at 8:26 p.m. after a pan of grease ignited on the stove. When firefighters arrived at 8:29 p.m., they could see flames through the kitchen window.

Firefighters brought the blaze under control at 9:37 p.m. Fire damaged the kitchen and other first-floor areas of the house, while smoke damage was reported throughout the two-story residence.

No one was home at the time of the fire.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.