Advertisement

Archive for Saturday, December 8, 1990

OFFICIALS SAY FIRE STARTED BY CIGARETTE

December 8, 1990

Advertisement

A fire started by a discarded cigarette caused about $25,000 in damage to a mobile home Friday night in south Lawrence, Lawrence firefighters said today.

There were no injuries reported in the fire, which began at about 7:30 p.m. Friday at 1900 W. 31st, S-16.

The fire was caused by a discarded smoldering cigarette that caught paper trash on fire in the kitchen area of the mobile home, firefighters said. Firefighters were at the scene for about two hours.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.