A rural Eudora man who was burned Saturday in a propane explosion was listed in serious condition this morning at Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan.
Danny Abel was burned extensively when a propane heating system used to heat his greenhouse exploded. Authorities say the heating system went out during the night and Abel was trying to re-light it.
Authorities also speculate that the greenhouse filled with propane during the night and exploded when Abel tried to light the system.
Abel received second- and third-degree burns over 50 percent of his body.
A nursing supervisor at the medical center said Abel's condition is bordering between critical and serious, causing his condition to change frequently.
He is being treated in the hospital's burn unit.