Advertisement

Archive for Thursday, April 5, 1990

BURN VICTIM LISTED IN SERIOUS CONDITION

April 5, 1990

Advertisement

A rural Eudora man who was burned Saturday in a propane explosion was listed in serious condition this morning at Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan.

Danny Abel was burned extensively when a propane heating system used to heat his greenhouse exploded. Authorities say the heating system went out during the night and Abel was trying to re-light it.

Authorities also speculate that the greenhouse filled with propane during the night and exploded when Abel tried to light the system.

Abel received second- and third-degree burns over 50 percent of his body.

A nursing supervisor at the medical center said Abel's condition is bordering between critical and serious, causing his condition to change frequently.

He is being treated in the hospital's burn unit.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.