LJWorld.com 2007

The staff of LJWorld.com is working on a complete redesign slated for roll out in early 2007.

We know what we want to accomplish with our new site. But we're interested in hearing from users on what you would like to see. Are there problems with the current site you'd like to see solved? Are there features you'd like to see added? Removed? Kept as they are?

Feel free to make any suggestion you like. We can't guarantee that all suggestions will be implemented, but we do guarantee that we'll pay a great deal of attention to every suggestion made.

Thanks in advance. Post your thoughts in the comments space below.

Comments

SpeedRacer 7 years, 3 months ago

Ok, this thread is 10 days old, but I just thought of something I would like to see. I would like to see a link for site statistics: how many hits, how many unique hits, etc. If I'm going to embarrass myself on a public site, I want to make sure it's on a day with the most traffic.

budwhysir 7 years, 3 months ago

I think its great the way it is. You know informative, up to date, and it allows people to post thier comments. I dont believe you should make a set amount of posts people can make, sometimes, people have alot to say. It takes alot to keep up

Pywacket 7 years, 3 months ago

Suggestion for classifieds~ Don't force people to choose between narrow categories-give the option of looking over one broad category, if the reader is so inclined. Example: if I go to look for items for sale, I must choose a particular category (e.g., antiques, household goods, furniture, etc..).

Often, after waiting for that page to open, there will be nothing there and I must go back to the general category and pick ANOTHER narrow category...

Whereas, if I just had the option to look at EVERYTHING that's for sale, I could quickly skim over what does not interest me (the way I'd do with a real paper) and zero in on what I'm looking for. Often, categories will overlap, anyway (antiques, furniture, household are good examples).

Another example: under "Pets" I'd just as soon see "pets" and "pet supplies" on the same page, rather than having to open & close 2 different pages. You could leave the option for people to look at a narrow category if they so chose, but it would be great if those who wish to could just look at everything, whether it's dogs, kittens, dog houses, fish tanks, bird cages, etc.

Same with "help wanted." It's very time consuming to have to open a different page for every minute category--and often there will be nothing posted in several sections anyway. Just let people peruse all the jobs by opening one page if they wish.

Thanks!

brookcreeker 7 years, 3 months ago

*A real breaking news section - get rid of the "chat with so-and-so" and "lawrence in the news" in the yellow box. The box gets so cluttered with headlines that I skip it entirely.

*Spell- and grammar-check

*Stop messing up the left sidebar for the evening/weekend editions. You may think that's convenient but it's actually really annoying. I know where to find those links on the regular sidebar, don't make me go hunting for "Local News".

*The Saturday column - lighten up on the university, man! If it weren't for KU, Lawrence would be another Lecompton. KU may do things we don't like from time to time but it's the town's lifeblood. It's what keeps the LJ World from being something akin to the Basehor Sentinel. So say something good about KU from time to time.

Thanks!

Joe Hyde 7 years, 3 months ago

I would like the Journal-World website to begin carrying a comprehensive TV schedule. Particularly I would appreciate your web site having a TV sports schedule that shows upcoming games, times and whatever TV and/or Radio coverage is available.

Like what's in the hard copy newspaper, but available on the web.

Thanks for solititing my suggestion!

moveforward 7 years, 3 months ago

I like the LJW online a great deal. It is one of the best online papers I have seen (fyi: I am biased - I work nationally in this industry) Here are my 2 cents:

love the forums - keep 'em as is improved copyediting parallel the structure of the print version when possible experiment here (low cost, iterative improvements can be tested and rolled into the print and permanent online editions - and since we don't pay for the online version we have no real right to complain much) the header is awful fewer self-congratulatory world co stories more interesting web cams take away my need to go to that awful kuathletics site *listen to us, but maintain your thick skin

auturgy 7 years, 3 months ago

To throw my two cents in: a) Keep the comments. They amuse this college student. I think that overall they are well-maintained--slanderous (or is it libelous?) ones seemed to have been removed in a timely fashion in my limited experience. b) I would like more links to stories on the front page. Does this make sense? We only have 'Top Stories' (which are the first to grab my eye), but stories from other sections aren't featured. Which is cool if that's what you're going for, but I can tell you right now that I don't really read anything but the ones right on the front page. To increase readership you'd probably need to make that change. c) Personal beef: could we get some more coverage of the ARTS in Lawrence in the online addition. Theatre in particular seems to get neglected (i.e. the high schools, particularly Free State, get the total shaft when it comes to publicity for the extremely hard work they do). The arts are so big in Lawrence, why don't we recognize it as much as the basketball or football games? Overall, however, I'm impressed with the quality of the website itself. For me, the issue has and always will be content.

kawryan 7 years, 3 months ago

the comment section is like a fark.com discussion but not funny.

you have the same 3% of the population making an ass out of not only them self but the whole town.

Or... Just hire marion as a writer, he has nothing better to do.

juscin3 7 years, 3 months ago

The non subscribers do pay to view the paper online...it's called internet. Don't see anything wrong with the site. Looks fine to me. :)

sunflower97 7 years, 3 months ago

I'm glad that you don't charge or require registration for online viewing. We are subscribers and I still view the online site daily to see breaking news or view something that just read or to e-mail an article to a friend. I agree with others that most of the posts are from the same people who have too much time on their hands. But I do like that they are at the bottom of the article. If I don't want to see the posts, then I just don't read them.

cowboy 7 years, 3 months ago

Start over on your sports page , its a hodge podge of articles. How about national coverage of top 20 teams results. Quite honestly it is a very poor sports page online. Kudos for the local HS coverage but in general its poor.

Ralph Gage 7 years, 3 months ago

Unlimited posts for real-name users would be a good idea. Limit anonymous gasbags.

Althea Schnacke 7 years, 3 months ago

How about putting the same features in the same place every day in the print version? The "business" section moves around daily, Dear Abby and the crossword are never in the same two places, even the TV column gets shuffled every Monday.

sandrat7 7 years, 3 months ago

meckman - I do not want to subscribe to the LJW. I am very happy it is free online. You don't like the comments, don't read 'em.

leekris 7 years, 3 months ago

I like how you indicate which classified ads are new each day. It would be more time-saving for users if you indicate next to each category in the classified menu (example: each field of employment) which categories have new ads and the number of new ads so that users don't have to look in each category everyday. I don't know if this makes sense but it's something I would find to be a help.

SpeedRacer 7 years, 3 months ago

Set up a chat for those posters who want to argue with each other so they don't drive away those who want to post comments...maybe a daily limit on posts.

sunflower97 7 years, 3 months ago

I'd like to see the search function improved. I think the online site is very user friendly.

billybeanbag 7 years, 3 months ago

Links to past days classifieds... this used to be such a great feature, now if you don't get it saved while it's on the site, it's gone!

Maybe customizable page content, let the readers who log in choose whether or not they see the comments after the article?

LadyWolf 7 years, 4 months ago

I enjoy reading the LJWorld online and enjoy the comments...with the article. My wish would be to know furthur in advance about all the wonderful Lawrence events. It seems I'm always saying, "I wish I would have known...I/we could have gone and enjoyed that!" Thanks and overall, pretty darn good job!!

bytheway 7 years, 4 months ago

Now that you "updated" it, I can't get it to load right. It loads the left column first and then toward the bottom of the screen is the news articles. You guys sure don't need to "fix" something that isn't broke. As a matter of fact, I like it before you morons started messing with it. I could actually get it to load correctly. You must be smoking crack or something. Check your webdesign keys cause you didn't do something right for it to mess up like that.

blue73harley 7 years, 4 months ago

I would like to see a link to the KU newspaper under "News Neighbors".

In general, I like your website...and the comments.

Farmboy 7 years, 4 months ago

I like comments after each story. Would like more updates during the day and addition of breaking stories. Really like your Congressional Updates. Info here not available anywhere else.

I live in Topeka. Your website so superior to Capital-Journal, I turn to LJW first thing each day; then Wichita-Eagle, then Cap-Jnl. Find out more about Topeka in the other websites, particularly about state government and political news.

Pywacket 7 years, 4 months ago

Oh--just thought of a BIG one..

Please place articles in appropriate sections. Despite numerous reader comments & complaints, every day the LJW places a hodgepodge of nationwide incidents under "Lawrence Crime" and "Lawrence Fires."

How hard would it be to actually put ONLY Lawrence crimes/fires under those categories and have separate categories for "regional" and "national"? Conversely--if it IS that hard--you could dump the "Lawrence" out of the header and simply announce "Crime" and "Fires."

It's accuracy that I'm looking for. Either it's a local story or it isn't, so quit leading people to think they're opening up a "local" story, only to realize (once they've opened it) that it happened in Montana or Georgia.

Thanks for the opportunity to kvetch. ;-)

Ken Miller 7 years, 4 months ago

Don't change a thing, except maybe some artwork (so that you can justify spending time, money and effort on the redesign). The comments section should be left where it is - who cares if comments are stupid or offensive? People don't have to scroll if they are afraid of what they'll read. Heck, some of the funniest stuff I've ever read came out of the LJW comments section. LJW online editors may need to be a little more thorough when adding breaking news stories - I have noticed a LOT of blatant spelling/grammar errors and typos. Take the extra 30 seconds and edit more closely.

acg 7 years, 4 months ago

I love the comments sections on each story. If those of you who are uninterested in posting/reading comments are so bothered by it, don't post/read. Seems pretty simple to me. I don't like the suggest removal function. Anyone can suggest removal of anyone else's comments, based on what? The LJWorld should automatically censor out comments that are deemed inappropriate, like cuss words or deragotory racial slurs, but leave the rest alone. We all have opinions, and they differ from each others'. That's what makes this country so great.

jonas 7 years, 4 months ago

I like the idea of a view/not view comment feature much more than removing or centralizing comment sections, but admit I have no idea on the feasability of such an approach.

. . . still, though, I can't help myself but to observe that, in most stories, the comments are not visible unless you scroll down to view them. I think, maybe, more people get a guilty pleasure out of looking at them than are willing to admit it. We all rubberneck at car wrecks too, ya'know. No sense in denying that bizarre part of human personality.

justtemp 7 years, 4 months ago

I would like to see the distracting Comments feature replaced by a discussion forum feature. A link to the relevent thread could be provided at the end of each story. That way, Comments would still be readily available to readers who are interested, but not immediately visible and distracting to readers who are not interested.

Sunday classifieds should be available for those who wish to view them later in the week.

A section for all of the local ads run in the print edition would be nice. I would like to see what sales, business events, and services are being advertised locally. Unless I'm mistaken, the "Current JW Ads" link seems to include only a few ads from the print edition, plus some classifieds.

And of course, more cow bell.

Thank you.

hornband 7 years, 4 months ago

with regards to comments, keep them. but i'd suggest having a "hide/view comments" feature, similar to the restaurant pages on lawrence.com

conservative 7 years, 4 months ago

Leave the comment section. Maybe add an option where individuals can change their settings so they don't see the comments.

kcwarpony 7 years, 4 months ago

There is a general discussion board, it's listed under Open Forums. Which reminds me...I don't know if it's just me, it could be :), but in the Open Forum boards, there is no comment box to write in or preview comment tab to click on, just post a comment and then nothing under that. No way to post. Maybe something needs to be fixed?

KU_cynic 7 years, 4 months ago

Three main suggestions:

1) As it is now, as a print subscriber and avid reader there is very little to draw me to the site during the day. I would appreciate more "in progress" stories posted during the day -- and not merely traffic accidents, major crimes, and sports scores. I read the newspaper itself first thing in the morning, and I could easily develop the habit of turning to the on-line version throughout the day for updates on the day's local print stories, new mid-day local news, and a properly supervised "readers' reaction forum." In my case, such features would not prompt me to cancel my print subscription, but rather would deepen my relationship to the LJW and its advertisers.

2) A series of "repeat major story" summary web sites rich in links to related stories and information sources. Such a feature would be very useful to newcomers to Lawrence who are unfamiliar with the lay of the land, so to speak. For example, a summary site on the SLT issue would be useful, as would summary sites on the public library issue, USD 497 budget and funding issues, the 6th and Wakarusa Wal-Mart controversy, city/county development zoning with regard to the "acreage exemption", and so forth. By providing such summary web sites, the LJW might even advance substantive decision-making and enhance citizen participation on these long-standing divisive issues.

3) I really enjoyed the general discussion board that the LJW used to maintain. I would like to see a well-supervised version of that feature return. By well-supervised I mean some review of postings for content and language and rules/regulations to minimize the contributions of bullies and name-callers. There are many important issues facing Lawrence right now that many citizens cannot or do not take the time to express themselves on, and a DB at the LJW could become a centralized forum. In particular, important issues include the SLT, Wal-Mart, the library, pro-growth vs. so-called progressive split in city politics and policies, KU management and strategy, and so on.

Dorothy Hoyt-Reed 7 years, 4 months ago

Your site is already great. Why the change? Don't loose the interactive crossword puzzle. I look forward to doing it everyday.

bbanks 7 years, 4 months ago

Avoid the "MTV format" recently adopted by the KCStar - jazzy little squibs in colored borders. I take my news seriously and do not want to be required to hunt all over the paper to find out what is what.

macon47 7 years, 4 months ago

I like the format , and you can tweak it as your prefer. i would encourage you to limit the comments to people that actually PAY AND subcribe to the Journal World. Alot of the trash that is posted is from people that have been run off other sites. Or simply dont have anything else to do. of course, everyone gives everyone else their LJW id, but their should be a better way to keep the ones that lay about and lurk from posting just hear to their selves.

Snowman 7 years, 4 months ago

The Lawrence Journal World online paper is one of the best. Keep up the great layout. But, I find it offensive as apparently many others do the "Post your comments" after many articles. Rarely are there comments that are of value. It is for the most part rude, crass and offensive and degrading remarks made about the people in the article.

devobrun 7 years, 4 months ago

The only time I change grocery stores is when the one I'm going to decides to reformat.

Most formats are arbitrary. If you get used to something and they change it, it is hard to make it better. Different is almost always worse until we adapt. You'll loose people until you get them back (if you do).

bearded_gnome 7 years, 4 months ago

not much new to add: please don't change the layout online. your paper is the best newspaper siteI've ever seen, like it very much.
agree: should get more powerful search. agree: needs better spell check/use of english, and better followup on breaking news stories.
agree: don't change the comments section, rough and tumble is unfortunately reality.
and, disagree: please keep the "contact this person" under profiles. yes, I've recieved nastygrams that way, but have also recieved some very nice messages from some fellow LJW readers which I wouldn't want to have missed.
please don't just change for change's sake. this is a very good site and very user friendly.

happyone 7 years, 4 months ago

I like having the comments at the end of the articles, some are distastful but so are some people. Perhaps the comments could be accessed by a link under each article rather than immediately following for those that do not wish to read them.

I would like to see the Contact this person removed, there is really no need for it and could be used poorly by someone that disagrees with another.

I would like to see the Movies, Your Daily Blog and Editor's Pick: Featured Restraunt moved to the left hand menu, and in place of them have the Today's Headlines. After all isn't that what a Newspaper is about the Headlines?

Overall though like most have already stated the current format is wonderful and spell check would be great :)

killjoy 7 years, 4 months ago

Britain has a paper that increased sales via the use of a "page 3 girl". It's just a thought.

Nikki May 7 years, 4 months ago

I like the comments. Sometimes the comments are insensitive but ultimately, that's how people are. I feel an edit/delete feature would be a bad idea though. I've seen on message boards where someone posts something and when everyone reacts to the post, they delete. It can make the reacting parties look like they are uninformed or just mean. Spell check (which is built into firefox) would be good though.

Also, I agree on updating in highschool sports, and the "breaking" stories and other places.

My main request is quit putting national or even reginonal news in LAWRENCE crime, fire, and courts. Regional bothers me, but when I read about a serial killer in Phoenix in the section titled LAWRENCE CRIME, that's just off. If I click on something about Lawrence and see a headline of "Man kills 5 before fatally shooting self" I'm freaking out. Click on it, and it's Kansas City, MO. These stories have a place but NOT in Lawrence's info.

And finally, put news above entertainment on the left hand menu.

canyon_wren 7 years, 4 months ago

Why change it? Haven't you received awards for your site? It seems pretty complete. The poster who asked that the list at the left be put alphabetically must be pretty lazy. Its arrangement works fine.

I like the idea of the comments after articles. Sure, there are some that are ignorant and distasteful--to the point of being unkind--but that just exposes those posters for what they are. I also like the fact that you provide ways to email articles to other people. I also read the Columbia (MO) Tribune online and it doesn't have all the good features you have. Don't change just for the sake of "responding" to comments from readers, unless it is really an improvement.

kcwarpony 7 years, 4 months ago

Please leave the post a comment section as it is. I also like having a comment section for each story. I have looked at other newspaper websites and LJW is the best when it comes to being user friendly. LJW does a great job with this site. Please, no major changes are required.

Though a spell check would be a nice Christmas gift :)

David Roberts 7 years, 4 months ago

I think that the Journal World online edition should have a sports section for each of the four high schools in Lawrence in addition to the "area high school sports" section. Currently, only Lawrence High, Free State, and Seabury have a section online. News for Veritas is often placed in the "area high school sports" section.

John Spencer 7 years, 4 months ago

I would like to be able to delete my own posts. It would be nice to edit them also. The 'Archived' data is very difficult to use, it would be nice if it could be drilled into them by year/month/day. Some better auto fitting to screen size/resolution would help. There is a lot of wasted screen acreage. As much as I want to keep free speech free, stop allowing comments on automotive accidents, the number of insensitive and down-right rude, stupid (insert further descriptions) is to high.

Pywacket 7 years, 4 months ago

Update "breaking news" stories later in the day, for cryin' out loud. Case in point: I saw that story about the 2 accidents at the same time/same intersection first thing this morning and it has STILL not been updated at 11:30 at night. This happens all the time. If you're going to pique people's interest by posting such sketchy early reports, please understand that readers will naturally wish to know how victims are doing (or whatever the case may be) later on.

For the love of god, please hire a good copyeditor--and make sure he/she sees the headers before they get posted. Misspellings in headers and poor sentence construction in stories are frequent sources of unintended mirth among the less kindly readers. (Okay--I'm one of the guilty parties). If you could use a freelancer (a professional with amazing refs), let me know. I know someone.

You don't need a redesign so much as you need to be more diligent about staying on top of things. The basic design is very good.

Finally~ please send virtual Dove bars to all who offer suggestions.

OTSSweeper 7 years, 4 months ago

Limit posters to 365 posts per year. One per day should be plenty. These people are ruining the productivity of our country and all of the job will go to China if we don't improve.

LiberalDude 7 years, 4 months ago

I agree with rick and informed- leave the comments section. Sometimes I like reading the comments more than the original article.

The LJW is great. Please don't change too much. Thanks!

jimincountry 7 years, 4 months ago

You are so superior to the Topeka CJ that it's difficult to be constructive about change, but I'll try to think of something.

sandysslick 7 years, 4 months ago

NO LIBERAL PIE IN THE SKY PLEASE HELP ME WRITERS

LogicMan 7 years, 4 months ago

Please use the entire width of the screen! Most of us use PCs, and not old narrow Macs.

macon47 7 years, 4 months ago

i think the print and online editions are light years ahead of other papers i pull up everyday, since i also subcribe to the LJW I AGREE start charging NON subcribers...... if you subscribe to paper edition you would get on-line FREE otherwise you would have to pay for it......like ottawa & ST JOE MAYBE that would stop some of the stupid remarks!!!!!!

Jeanne Cunningham 7 years, 4 months ago

Please remember the old adage, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." Of course, there are some parts that are "broken" and could be fixed - such as the search feature. I'd like for it to be more powerful.

grubesteak 7 years, 4 months ago

Oops. I just noticed that "Mail this story to a friend" is available, although I remember it was removed for a time.

I think mechman's comment was funny though. Start charging people to use this site and you'll likely see a hugh drop in readership. But LJW already knows that.

Maybe it would be better to have a forum where the comments are associated with a story there instead of directly under the story. That could make a whole heck of a lot of people happy on both sides.

grubesteak 7 years, 4 months ago

Things I miss that the LJW removed: 1. The ability to look at classified ads from the past week.

1. "Mail this story to a friend." I end up doing this anyway by copying the URL and sending it via e-mail.

2. A good web site header. The whole cartoon thing is of good quality, but doesn't really say "this is a news site" to me. At least it's better than the grade-school looking into for channel 6's morning news. I laugh everytime I see it.

Things I'd like to see removed. 1. Comments on stories. It's the same people with their agendas attacking everyone else. Sometimes it hinders me from reading a story because I know I can't avoid the comments (kind of like looking at a car crash).

1. I don't care how popular YouTube is; I hate videos on the web.

jrlii 7 years, 4 months ago

Maybe more but smaller ads, which link to a full screen version. Maybe use a pay per click advertising billing model. . . A basic rate for just having the thumbnail ad, then a charge for everyone who clicked on the add, 'cause those are the people who are likely to actually buy.

This would require a different approach for the advertising sales people and for the ad designers, but I believe this would make the site more profitable for both the World Co. and the advertisers.

The present site is by far the best newspaper site I've seen, much better than the sites for much larger market papers.

Rick Davis 7 years, 4 months ago

Leave the comments section as it is. I rarely write comments but, I read them after almost every story. I enjoy have the opinions of local residents that relates to the story I just read. If people don't like the comments they don't have to scroll down. It's not like anyone is forcing them to read them!!

context 7 years, 4 months ago

I think the current site is great; beware fixing what isn't broken.

However, the comments are more than annoying on most stories, and what do they add? In particular, I suggest the comments section be available only on public figure/policy/decision items. There is nothing worse than a story on an accident or crime, followed by the various and sordid comments of those 20 or so people who make a home on the comments sections.

mechman 7 years, 4 months ago

start charging NON subcribers...... if you subscribe to paper edition you would get on-line FREE otherwise you would have to pay for it......like ottawa & chanute MAYBE that would stop some of the stupid remarks!!!!!!

overthemoon 7 years, 4 months ago

For a small town newspaper web-site, this is really pretty good. But if you're re-tooling, the effort should be focused on readablility and quality of content. This is a smart town, the news should be smart and the presentation interesting.

I think newspapers need to recognize that a lot of us quit subscribing to the hardcopy in large part because of all the ad junk that gets stuffed into the paper. My choice to read on line is largely a paper-saving effort. (But then I get the old news "focus" whether I ask for it or not.) I realize that the paper has to make money, but its also time to realize that the electronic news is a better way to go for environmental as well as well as opportunities for providing faster and supposedly better information. I would subscribe to the online version if it were more than just a shadow copy of the print version. (like the New York Times has a tiered subscription for basic news vs more indepth articles)

The JW website could become much more sophisticated in being a portal for all local info (school links, etc) As it stands, its just an abbreviated form of the paper copy. This site could be so much more interesting and readable with better graphics, better content, etc. Maybe even some customizaton possiblities like yahoo homepages where the reader can choose what info takes priority.

Other snips:

I'd like more of the paper at a glance, with arts, sports, local news etc getting equal grahpic presence.

Keep things up to date...I've noticed high school sports info up to 6-12 months out of date, restaurant listings that are dated or refer to places that don't even exist any more.

References to related stories with photos would be an obvious improvement.

I agree with the post regarding the index column...its too hard to find a section. And the entertainment/going out listings should be 7 days in their own separate area.

Also agree with the removal of comments from the articles and creation of a forum page. (Or maybe the JW should just recruit the knee-jerk reactors and force them to provide unbiased, well thought out perspectives on local issues!!!!)

Norma Jeane Baker 7 years, 4 months ago

I like having the comments under each story. If I want to comment on the latest stupid thing the Commission has done, I want to do it under the story talking about the latest stupid thing the Commission has done.

But, having a way to edit our comments would be good, as well. Sometimes the only thing we need to edit is a typo.

banana40 7 years, 4 months ago

I would like to see the comments removed from the stories. It seems like the same people attacking everything. Not useful. Or just set up a forum for that in another place. It gets old seeing the same people complaining about everything. Thanks.

Kiana Griffin 7 years, 4 months ago

I recommend moving the "post a comment" section. I don't enjoy seeing the smartalac, often degrading remarks under each and every story. If there were one forum or place to discuss Lawrence news then the viewer could choose to go there - or not.

Fred Whitehead Jr. 7 years, 4 months ago

No more "Lawrence Crime Blotter". This is supermarket magazine checkout stand crap.

joh12673 7 years, 4 months ago

I'd like to see the items on the left under the headings in alphabetical order instead of random hit and miss... would make it much easier and faster to find that particular section of the paper you are looking for.

Lars Larson 7 years, 4 months ago

I like the coverage of events like concerts and art performances, however I think that they are publicized too late. Persons that have more than one job do not have option to ask for that day off when they find out that same day. I don't know what a good time frame is, maybe a week or two in advance....

Eagle_aye 7 years, 4 months ago

My wish list: Dates on the friends and neighbors photos (not just month, but days). Date fields in this order: 12/15/2006 not backwards. "Back to top" tabs. Spell/grammer check before publishing to web. Link to Journal-World job openings. Link for single copy/rack locations.

And a partridge in a pear tree :) Thanks!