Tools for Better Health: Living with Chronic Pain
Developed by researchers at Stanford University Patient Education Research Center, this evidence based, highly interactive six week workshop series is being offered free of charge.
The Chronic Pain Self-Management Education workshops are cover real life topics including things like:
- Decision-making, problem-solving, making informed decisions about treatment options
- Coping with fatigue
- Dealing with anger, depression and difficult emotions
- How to communicate with your family, friends and healthcare team about your health
- Managing your pain symptoms
- Action planning to accomplish weekly goals
- Ways to increase physical activity
Learn more at the Kansas Department of Health and Environment, Tools for Better Health website.
Thursday, August 3, 2017, 2:00 - 3:00 pm at the Lawrence Public Library Meeting Room C
Workshop begins Thursday August 10th and runs through Sept 14 on Thursdays from 2pm-430pm
Stacey Laughrey at 785-505-6259 for more information
- Ongoing until Thursday, September 14, 2017
- Thursdays from 2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Lawrence Public Library, 707 Vermont St., Lawrence
- Cost: Free
- Age limit: 18+