Tom Moore: Solo Exhibition
- Categories: Art | Exhibit
- Event posted: Jan. 25, 2014
- Last updated: Sept. 16, 2014
S O L O E X H I B I T I O N
January 31 thru
March 30, 2014
Tom Moore's life has been filled with both the compulsion to create and obstacles
that have forced him to devise alternative ways to fulfill that urge. He always
wanted to become an artist (or, possibly a superhero, as his early inspiration was
cartoons and comic books). Moore trained formally at the University of Kansas School
of Fine Arts, where he honed his skills in painting and learned to silkscreen. In
1994, at the age of 50, Moore developed Parkinson's disease and other serious health
issues, and by 2003 he was forced to give up painting. Tom is still compelled to
create, and his casual sketches on the backs of envelopes and scrap paper have
continued to flow. Ironically, episodes in the hospital and rehabilitation settings
have offered him uninterrupted blocks of time to focus on making these sketches.
This exhibition will include a large variety of drawings and sketches in the Lawrence
Arts Center's Antecedent Gallery curated by Roger Shimomura.
Final Fridays Reception
January 31 | 5 to 9 pm
call 785.843.2787 visit 940 new hampshire street, lawrence, ks 66044 browse
l a w r e n c e a r t s c e n t e r . o r g
- Ongoing until Sunday, March 30, 2014
- Sundays from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Mondays from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Fridays from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Lawrence Arts Center, 940 N.H., Lawrence