Photography Exhibit: “Earth, Air, Water, Fire: Elemental Images of Kansas and Beyond”
- Categories: Art | Exhibit
- Event posted: Aug. 8, 2013
- Last updated: Sept. 16, 2014
A new exhibit is being presented at the Lumberyard Arts Center, 718 High St., Baldwin City, from August 16 through September 14, featuring the photographic artistry of Val Ireland and Carol Yoho. The Topeka and Emporia photographers are presenting their works titled “Earth, Air, Water, Fire: Elemental Images of Kansas and Beyond.” Visit www.lumberyardartscenter.org for exhibit hours.
Originally from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Val Ireland called Colorado and Kansas home for the last 10 years. She is captivated by the stories of those who have inhabited the land befoe her. “Mountains and wide-open spaces—it doesn't get much better than that!” Her friend and colleague, Caro Yoho, currently a resident of Topeka, has studied fine arts and educational technology. She says she learns kinetically, by doing, and carries her camera daily. “I enjoy looking at the world with an artist's eye: always on the lookout for the lines, shapes, textures, patterns, colors, and lighting that capture the beauty of the world around me.” She has shared fifteen years of photo essays at www.myprairie.net and although she has done some traveling, “It's the rolling plains and vast skies of Kansas that stand nearest my heart.”
- Ongoing until Tuesday, September 17, 2013
- Tuesdays from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wednesdays from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Thursdays from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Fridays from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Lumberyard Arts Center, 718 High St., Baldwin City, KS