James Turrell: Gard Blue
James Turrell's "Gard Blue" makes a historic visit to the Spencer Museum of Art. Appearing in a large, box-like viewing environment constructed within the Central Court, "Gard Blue" is a projection of light held by a single, arresting color. This pivotal 1968 work by pre-eminent light artist James Turrell comes to the Spencer as a loan from the collection of Mark and Lauren Booth.
- Ongoing until Sunday, May 18, 2014
- Sundays from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tuesdays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Fridays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Spencer Museum of Art, 1301 Miss., KU campus, Lawrence
- Cost: Free
- Age limit: All ages