Beginners’ Bike Ride
Weekly bike ride on Monday nights to promote safe riding in Lawrence area streets. The purpose of this ride is to develop confident road cycling habits through brief instruction and a supportive weekly group ride. This is a Lawrence Bike Club ride supported by local League of American Bicyclists Certified Instructors.
Begins June 12th and continues until the end of August). 12 rides total.
- 6:30 pm start time; 15-20 minutes instruction, followed by 1 hour ride (approximate). Estimated end time: 8:00 pm
- Start location: Spring Hill Suites parking lot
- 10-15 mile route at 10-12 mph ride (casual pace)
- Route would be on city and surrounding county roads
- No-drop ride; cyclists will be encouraged to stay together. There will be several stops to regroup.
- Cyclists must bring: a bike, helmet and water bottle.
- Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BeginnersRide/
- Ongoing until Monday, August 28, 2017
- Mondays from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Spring Hill Suites Parking Lot (6th and New Hampshire)
- Cost: Free
- Age limit: 18+