“Portraits, Places and Passageways”
- Categories: Art | Exhibit
- Event posted: Aug. 12, 2012
- Last updated: Aug. 12, 2012
The Lumberyard Arts Center presents a solo exhibit by award-winning watercolorist Linda Everett. ” Portraits, Places and Passageways” opens on Friday, August 17 from 7 to 9 pm. at the Arts Center located at 718 High Street in Baldwin City, KS.
Everett grew up in the small Kansas town of Quinter, but now makes her home in Baldwin City. She is a graduate of Fort Hays State University, where she received her BFA in Commercial Art. Linda has enjoyed artistic endeavors throughout life, including publication layout and illustration, free-lance work, interior design, acrylic and watercolor painting.
In 2002, she was selected as one of the top 16 winners in the Kansas Postcard Series XXV competition. A sentimental quality is apparent in her portraits of people and animals, as well as in her paintings of homes, farms, landscapes, and passageways. Her goal is not to merely create a painting, but to capture the essence of a loved one, a family home, or other special place.
The show will continue through Saturday, September 15 during regular gallery hours of 1 to 4 Tues. thru Fri. and Sat. 9am to noon.
- Ongoing until Saturday, September 15, 2012
- Tuesdays from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wednesdays from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Thursdays from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Fridays from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Lumberyard Arts Center, 718 High St., Baldwin City, KS