Science on Tap: The Fantastic Flora of South Africa
- Categories: Museums | Event
- Event posted: Nov. 5, 2013
- Last updated: Sept. 16, 2014
- Tuesday, Nov. 12, 2013, 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Free State Brewing Company, 636 Massachusetts, Lawrence
- Cost: Free
- Age limit: 18+
More than 8,500 plant species are found in an area of South Africa that is less than .04 percent of the world’s land surface – so many that it is designated one of the world’s six floral kingdoms by itself. For the this Science on Tap, Botanist Mark Mort will lead a discussion about the amazing plant life of this region, how it evolved to be so diverse and threats to its survival.