“To See The Stars,” a play by Cynthia Mercati
- Categories: Performance art
- Event posted: Feb. 10, 2013
- Last updated: Sept. 16, 2014
- Saturday, Feb. 16, 2013, 7 p.m.
- Free State High School, 4700 Overland Drive, Lawrence
- Age limit: Not available
"To See The Stars," by Cynthia Mercati. The show will run Feb. 15 & 16 at 7 p.m. at Free State in the Main Auditorium. Tickets are $5 adults, $3 students and available at the finance office and at the door.
In New York City in 1909, the girls working in the garment industry barely make enough to live on, and are rejected by the male-dominated unions. They band together and strike, enduring, beatings, starvation, even prison to win the first industry-wide strike in American labor history. This play is their story.