Voicing America exhibition
- Categories: Museum exhibits
- Event posted: July 19, 2013
- Last updated: Sept. 16, 2014
- Saturday, Aug. 3, 2013, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Spencer Museum of Art, 1301 Miss., KU campus, Lawrence
- Cost: Free
- Age limit: All ages
The Project on the History of Black Writing at the University of Kansas, in cooperation with the Furious Flower Poetry Center at James Madison University, is hosting a Summer Institute sponsored by the National Endowment for the Humanities, "Don't Deny My Voice: Reading and Teaching African American Poetry." The Voicing America exhibition complements the NEH Summer Institute and features works from the Spencer Museum collection (including a photograph by Kansas native Gordon Parks) in dialogue with photographs by Dr. C.B. Claiborne of Texas Southern University.