Theology on Tap
- Categories: Faith
- Event posted: March 1, 2012
- Last updated: Sept. 16, 2014
- Thursday, March 1, 2012, 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Henry's on Eighth, 11 E. Eighth St., Lawrence
- Age limit: Not available
People talk a lot about Biblical marriage, but actual marriages in the Bible are so far off from relationships today. During the TAP session we will discuss if/or how marriage traditions from the Old Testament continue to objectify women.
- How have traditions from the Old Testament, such as purchasing virgin brides, affected the way Christians view marriage and sexuality today?
- Does your sexuality "belong" to your spouse/partner?
- What do you think Jesus have to say about the current church dialogue about abstinence and sexuality?
Tap meets every Thursday at Henry’s Bar for a brief and exhilarating discussion about select spiritual topics. From 5:30 to 7pm.