La Catrina Quartet
- Categories: Music ensemble
- Event posted: May 6, 2011
- Last updated: Sept. 16, 2014
- Sunday, Oct. 16, 2011, 2 p.m.
- Lied Center, 1600 Stewart Drive, KU campus, Lawrence
- Cost: $5 - $21
- Age limit: Not available
Tickets: $21 adults, $5 students and youth - Hailed by Yo-Yo Ma as a wonderful ambassador for music, the quartet's mission is to perform string quartets from Latin American and Mexican composers. - La Catrina will perform an all-Latin American program including works by Astor Piazzolla, Silvestre Revueltas and a new quartet by Roberto Sierra, commissioned for the ensemble by Symphony Space in New York City.