- Categories: Music ensemble
- Event posted: May 6, 2011
- Last updated: Sept. 16, 2014
- Saturday, Nov. 19, 2011, 7:30 p.m.
- Lied Center, 1600 Stewart Drive, KU campus, Lawrence
- Cost: $5 - $21
- Age limit: Not available
Tickets: $21 adults, $5 students and youth For its invigorating artistry and inventive programming, Ethel is recognized as America's foremost postclassical string quartet. Performing a program celebrating the concepts of presence and continuity, Ethel will present its own arrangement of Philip Glass' score from "The Hours," as well as works by Terry Riley, Huang Ruo, David Lang and Julia Wolfe. Using amplification and improvisation in its performances, the ensemble boldly explores new synergies between tradition and technology.