Screening of “Vanishing of the Bees”
- Categories: Environment | Sunflower Horizons
- Event posted: July 20, 2011
- Last updated: July 21, 2011
- Thursday, July 21, 2011, 6 p.m.
- Pachamama's , 800 New Hampshire, Lawrence
- Cost: $5
- Age limit: Not available
A screening of "Vanishing of the Bees" will be at Pachamama's Alton Ballroom, 800 New Hampshire. Doors open at 6 p.m., and the movie starts at 7 p.m. Narrated by Ellen Page, the film focuses on the billions of honey bees that have died in the past few years, it's a phenomena known as Colony Collapse Disorder. Director George Langworthy, a Kansas native with ties to Lawrence, will be at the local screening to take questions after the film. The cost is $5. Pachamama's will have beer, wine and honey-laced movie snacks to purchase at the event.