Joyce Castle, mezzo-soprano and KU professor of voice
- Categories: Music (other)
- Event posted: Dec. 9, 2010
- Last updated: April 29, 2011
- Wednesday, Jan. 26, 2011, 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Lied Center, 1600 Stewart Drive, KU campus, Lawrence
- Cost: Free
- Age limit: 1+
Acclaimed American mezzo-soprano Joyce Castle celebrates 40 years of performance in the 2010-11 season. In the last four decades, she has established herself as a versatile artist with a repertoire of more than 130 roles in works by composers ranging from Bernstein to Wagner. At the Lied Center, Castle will perform The Hawthorn Tree, a new vocal chamber song cycle written specifically for her by National Medal of Arts and Pulitzer Prize-winning composer William Bolcom. Admission is free and reservations are not required. Donations will be accepted in support of the KU Opera Endowment Fund.