Fingers Of The Sun, Hidden Pictures
- Categories: Support groups
- Event posted: July 19, 2011
- Last updated: Sept. 16, 2014
- Wednesday, Aug. 10, 2011, 10 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- The Eighth Street Tap Room, 801 N.H., Lawrence
- Cost: $3
- Age limit: 21+
Denver sextet Fingers of the Sun stop by the Eighth Street Taproom, 19 E. Eighth st., tonight with opening act Hidden Pictures on the third stop of their Midwest tour. The band describes themselves as psychedelic pop music and that's actually pretty apt. They owe a lot to The Mommas And The Poppas and Peter, Paul and Mary both in their sweet harmonies that juxtapose male and female vocals, as well as their a cappella excursions that occasionally take the place of a guitar solo. Hidden pictures opens the show at 10 p.m. The show is open to people 21 and older.