Nathaniel Rateliff & The Wheel at the Bottleneck
- Categories: Music | Americana
- Event posted: Feb. 24, 2011
- Last updated: April 29, 2011
- Friday, April 1, 2011, 7 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- The Bottleneck, 737 New Hampshire, Lawrence
- Cost: $10 - $15
- Age limit: All ages
The first things you notice are the voice and the space. That voice belongs to Nathaniel Rateliff, a man who’s earned the twang and hard-knock weariness that shines through on his Rounder debut. The space comes courtesy of producer Brian Deck (Califone, Iron & Wine, Modest Mouse), who helped transform 8-track bedroom demos into miniature epics of contrast, beauty, and yearning. In Memory of Loss is a stunning, heartbreaking sonic document from a singer-songwriter who’s made his way from a childhood in Bay, Missouri (pop. 60) to the national stage.