Armitage Gone! Dance
- Categories: Dance performance
- Event posted: May 21, 2010
- Last updated: April 29, 2011
- Friday, Nov. 5, 2010, 7:30 p.m.
- Lied Center, 1600 Stewart Drive, KU campus, Lawrence
- Cost: $10 - $24
- Age limit: All ages
Lawrence native Karole Armitage returns to the Lied Center with her contemporary dance company. The troupe will perform Three Theories — a new dance piece derived from the theoretical physics outlined in Brian Greene’s best-selling book "The Elegant Universe." Choreography is inspired by Einstein’s theory of relativity, quantum mechanics and string theory (which resolves the conflict between the very big — humans, planets and galaxies — and the very small — atoms, electrons and quarks). The piece also features projected imagery and a multifaceted soundscape.